In our home we do Love,

we do Mistakes,

we do Grace,

we do Loud REALLY WELL,

we do Forgiveness,

we work on Patiences,

and we do FAMILY.

But most importatly we love JESUS

and the Sweet Blessings he has sent our way.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day...the reason I get to celebrate

The reasons I get to celebrate Mother's Day!















Mother's day is a celebration, but for me it’s not the Mom we celebrate it’s our babies. We would not have the title of mom without our sweet little ones. This day is to celebrate them. As a mom we promise to protect, to love, to laugh, to smile, to encourage, to disciple, to play, to go without sleep. We promise to make our world revolve around our sweet blessings. We promise to teach, to listen, and to cry. We promise to learn from our mistakes. We promise to do our best even when we feel our best is never good enough. We try to go about our day without making a mistake but when we do we acknowledge and apologize to our babies. We promise to be compassionate and we try not to get angry. I fail daily but I love my girls so I wake up the next morning and try harder. Being a mom is a full time job. To all you mommies that work …you have my utmost respect.

Becoming a mom is not easy. Weeks spend where the bathroom is your most favorite place. For the few minutes you think it’s safe to move to another room something sends you running back. Water and food became my worst enemy. Then once the bubonic plague lifts you get to experience all the neat things only a mom is privy too. The first look at the baby growing inside you, the little butterflies, the first little kicks , you tummy changing and the first time your tummy shifts. These things make the back pain, the labor, the sickness, and the weeks without sleep worth it. It’s all worth it.



To my girls with love:

My Dearest Isabella Kate,

You are becoming such a little girl. No longer my baby. I love to watch you put your puzzles together in the den. It's almost as if I can see your little brain working. I love your facial expressions. I love the way you love your baby sister…your Phia. I love that you love all your friends. I love how you crave to be outside as much as possible. I love your need to be surrounded by books…my little bookworm. I love the relationship you and Poppy have. I love the conversations you have with me. You are my constant chatterbox. I love the way you insist on wearing shoes and a dress as soon as you get out of the bath. I love your new found independence… I love that you already have a mind of your own. This may not be so in a few years but at the moment I am enjoying the sweet innocence of you finding out who you are. This list could go on for miles...with all that I have I love you!





















My Sweet Sweet Sophia Madelynn,

My newest little one how you have rocked my world. I love that you challenge me daily with all your sweet needs. From the beginning you have always been such a peaceful soul. I love that you want to snuggle as much as possible. I love when your laughter or squeals reach me in another room. I love your little two teeth smile…it transforms your entire face. I love that you are my sleeper… what a napper you are. You have surprised me with your persistence to get on the move. I love that you want to be right beside your big sister at all times. I love to watch you as you speed crawl across the floor set for one destination….Isabella. I love that you are so inquisitive. I love that you want to be with me…what a momma’s girl you are becoming. Many mom's wonder how they could love more than one baby …the answer is very simple, you just do. With all that I have my Phia Madelynn I love you.





















I love taking pictures...my husband not so much. But when Mother's Day comes around he gets behind the camera because he loves me. I joke with him all the time about the pictures he took at the hospital when Phia was born. Many of them are one big blur...or as I call them pictures in motion. I cherish the few pictures he willing takes...here are the three from Mothers Day. :) Thanks D for loving your girls...all three of us!

























































0 comments:

Post a Comment