In our home we do Love,

we do Mistakes,

we do Grace,

we do Loud REALLY WELL,

we do Forgiveness,

we work on Patiences,

and we do FAMILY.

But most importatly we love JESUS

and the Sweet Blessings he has sent our way.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Do The Potty Dance

We to go My Isabella Kate....so proud of you!


Isabella is finally potty trained! I never thought this day would come. If you were around during our three and 1/2 months of potty training you would often hear me say that I would rather be in labor than potty train...that is still so true. This experience has taught me patience even though I lost it many times while cleaning my furniture and washing clothes constantly. Isabella is so proud of herself and because of that the struggle and frustration was worth it.

We had no problem with peeing it was the other that terrified her.

Here is what worked for us:
I got an old jar out of the garage and put in the bathroom.
I found some fun green beads that I used to fill a vase and put them in a separate cup.
Derek and I told her that when she hit 15 beads we would go to Moe's.
She got one bead for peeing and two for the other.
We did this for two weeks: We went to Moe's (15 beads) and she got a Woody doll (30 beads)

We are not above bribery!!

I share this just in case a frustrate mom should stumble upon my blog...I hope it works for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment